Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Training Camp

I am really looking forward to how the Bills training camp will be. I believe that if the offensive line stays healthy and is able to gel, that both the running game behind Marshawn Lynch and the passing game fueled by J.P. Losman could be a major asset to the bills. The big question for the Bills is whether they will be able to stop anyone. They lost Nate Clements via free agency, one of the best cover corners in the league when he feels like playing. It will be interesting to see how well Dante Whitner and Ko Simpson do in the secondary, both having around a full season of playing time. Paul Posluzny is most likely going to be the new middle linebacker, and hopes are that his blue-collar, winning attitude will provide leadership and teamwork to a linebacker core that lost London Fletcher and Takeo Spikes. I liked Ellison last year and Angelo Crowell has been ranked on ESPN.com's all-underrated team. I think Darwin Walker from a football point of view would be a good addition, but I would not do anything drastic to get him into camp. I think John McCargo and Ashton Youboty will both emerge into solid NFL players after doing next to nothing last year. One guy to watch out for I feel is a new special teams (Steve Tasker-esque) gunner, John Wieldling. He has great athleticism and intelligence and I think he could be a good player. I can't wait until preseason against the Saints.

No comments: